Published Date: September 13, 2022
Category: Holiday Recipes
These Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes take less than one hour of time! You’ll love the small size that is the perfect serving! Getting ready for fall has never been so simple!
Since this easy bundt cake recipe has delicious pumpkin flavor, the time is now to treat yourself! Top with whipped cream, or gobble them up as they are!
- Spice cake mix
- Pumpkin puree
- Cream cheese frosting
- Orange and Green food coloring
- Salted butter, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Wafer cookies
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
*see recipe card for amounts
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Add nonstick spray to your mini bundt pan.
Step 3: Mix the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and cake mix. (Don’t add any ingredients that are listed on the cake mix box!) Use a mixer and start on low and speed up slowly. Mix until combined and be aware that it will be very thick.
Step 4: Fill the mini bundt can pan about 2/3 full.
Step 5: Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Step 6: Take the cakes from the pan and cool them on a wired rack.
Step 7: Mix the butter and cream cheese together to make the frosting.
Step 8: Add the vanilla and gradually the powdered sugar. Mix until it is smooth.
Step 9: Trim the flat sides of the cakes. This will make them flat and fit together well.
Step 10: Put the cream cheese into three bowls. Mix green coloring into one, orange in one, and the last one leave plain.
Step 11: Spread the plain frosting on the flat side and press another flat side right on top of it.
Step 12: Melt the chocolate chips and dip the top of each wafer into the chocolate. Put them in the fridge to harden for 5 minutes.
Step 13: Pipe leaves and vines onto the cakes using the frosting.
STORAGE AND RE-HEATING NOTES
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. They will stay fresh for up to 7 days.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
If you don’t add frosting to the bundt cakes, they can be left at room temperature for up to a week.
FAQS & HELPFUL TIPS
Can I use other flavors of cake mix for this recipe?
Yes, you can! Cake mix recipes are really versatile, so you can easily change it up to whatever flavor you have.
Can I use storebought frosting?
Absolutely. If you want to save on time, just buy your frosting and use that!
What can I use if I don’t have a mini bundt pan?
Don’t stress! You can easily use a muffin pan or cupcake pan for this recipe, too!
TRY SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE DESSERT RECIPES
- 1 Mini Bundt Cake Pan
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 Cooling Rack
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 15 ounce Pumpkin Puree , (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 16 ounce Cream Cheese Frosting , (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Orange and Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter, (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 pcs Wafer Cookies , (each cut into 6 rectangles)
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your mini bundt pan well with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix the cake mix, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon together. (Do not add any of the ingredients recommended on the cake mix box.) Start on low speed with your hand mixer, and gradually speed it up. Mix until just combined. It will be very thick.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the mini bundt pan cavities. (fill about ⅔ full)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While they are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting by creaming together the butter and cream cheese.
- Then add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar (gradually) and mix until smooth.
- Trim the flat side of the cakes so that they are completely flat and will fit together well.
- Divide the cream cheese into 3 bowls. Mix the green food coloring into one, orange into another and leave the third plain.
- Spread a little of the plain frosting on the flat side of one cake and press the flat side of another cake into it.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl and dip the top of each wafer piece into the chocolate. Put those in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
- Use the orange and green colored frosting to pipe leaves and vines onto each pumpkin bundt cake.
- These mini bundt cakes may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. They may be frozen for up to 3 months. If unfrosted, the mini bundt cakes can be kept at room temperature for up to a week.
- I don’t have any spice cake mix on hand – could I use a different flavor? Yes, this recipe works really well with a yellow cake mix too. You may just want to add a pinch of pumpkin pie spice, or more cinnamon.
- Could I use pumpkin pie spice in this recipe? Yes, you can adjust the amount to your taste as well.
- Would this still work with white frosting or buttercream? Yes, either will be delicious!
- I can’t find any wafer cookies that look like they’d work – what could I use instead? You could use little green jelly leaves (usually covered in sugar) or even mini pumpkin candies if you can find them.
- I don’t have a mini bundt cake pan – what could I use? You could use a muffin pan for great results instead.